SUMMER SOCCER RULE-GOALKEEPER
The clarify the role of GOALKEEPERS in the Forest Summer Soccer Comp, please read on……
- The Goal-Keeper is a normal player except in the penalty area where he can handle the ball.
- The Goal-Keeper can kick the ball where he likes including kicking a goal for his team from his own penalty area if he has saved the ball.
- If the ball goes out over the goal line for a goal kick/throw though he cannot kick or throw the ball over the half way line.
- You can only switch the goalkeeper at half time NOT during a half plus they should have a different shirt to the rest of the team. This is quite common and teams can borrow a bib from the desk if needed.
- For Teams in the Under 6’s & Under 7’s – they do not have a designated Goal-Keeper and any child who stays in the penalty area when play is nowhere near their goal should be advised by the Referee to get involved where the ball is being played.
Comments Off on SUMMER SOCCER RULE-GOALKEEPER