The rules around borrowing players are designed to allow teams to put a full team on the field for a match and, in keeping with the spirit of the competition, not to allow teams to fill their team with players to increase the playing standard of the team.
- A team must field a minimum of three players for U6 and U7, four (4) players for U8 and above (including any borrowed players) or forfeit their game.
UNDER 6 and 7
- A maximum of three (3) players can be borrowed in the one game
- A team can only borrow players to bring the team up to the number of players registered in the team, or to a maximum of six (6) players, whichever is the least number.
For eg: if your team consists of five (5) registered players, you can borrow up to 3 players to fill in as long as your team does not exceed 5 players in total.
UNDER 8 and above
- A maximum of four (4) players can be borrowed in the one game
- A team can only borrow players to bring the team up to seven (7) players
For eg: if your team has 7 or more registered players, you can borrow up to 4 players to fill in as long as your team does not exceed 7 players in total.
- A team cannot field more players than the number of registered players in that team. (i.e. if your team only has six registered players, you cannot borrow a player to bring your team up to seven players)
- Players cannot be borrowed from a team in a higher division or higher age group. Borrowed players must be from the same or a lower age group or division.
O35 players and U16-18 players and above can be borrowed for an AL team, as long as all rules above and below are adhered to.
- Representative players cannot be borrowed for a team in the same age group, unless they are specifically replacing a representative player who is a registered member of the team.
Representative players can be borrowed for teams that are 1 or 2 ages above their age group.
For eg: an U12 representative player can be borrowed for an U13 or U14 team.
- Any borrowed player must be registered in the competition for insurance purposes and identified to the opposition team manager before commencing the game. All borrowed players must wear bibs to identify them as “borrowed”. Please email the name of any borrowed players to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Borrowed players are allowed in up to 4 games throughout the season. If for any reason a team needs to borrow players more than 4 times in a season, please send an email to email@example.com to discuss the requirement.
Penalties for breaking any of the rules above can result in a forfeit.
If a team wishes to borrow a player who is not registered in this competition, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with at least 24 hours notice prior to the game being played to arrange registration for a borrowed player at a reduced casual-game rate which will cover the player for insurance.