All referees in Australia are members of a referees organisation. These organisations coordinate the training and development of referees and appoint them to matches. They are a part of (or affiliated to) the football association, which is a member of the Football Federation Australia (FFA) through their state.
All MWFA mens teams in the AL2+ and O35/O45 categories are required to provide at least two qualified team referees before the start of the season.
In order to register as a FKFC Team Referee:
- Register online as a Referee for MWFRA at My Football Club
- Send your name and the team you have registered with to the Club Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
All Referees for games where players are under 18 will be required to complete a “Working with Children” check. Referees who are themselves under 18 are exempt.
A revised version of the WWCC policy was issued on 16th January. Click here to view the policy
The key changes are:
- An extension has been granted to Referees for the 2018 season to provide their WWC Number to their branches by 30 June 2018.
- Referees will be able to register in My Football Club for season 2018 without having to provide their WWC Number at time of registration.
- Once a referee has received their WWC Number, they will be required to add their WWC Number to their MFC profile and provide it to their Branch prior to 30 June 2018.
Please click the area below for more information.
For more information on recruitment and training of Referees in the Manly Warringah Football Association area click the link below.
The Course Dates for 2018 have just been announced as follows:
Junior Refs: Feb 18th and March 17th
Senior Refs: March 18th and March 24th
Additional Referee resource in Australia is available from AusRef. This is a free service for all football referees in Australia and the referee organisations that help organise and develop them. AusRef is a privately operated service and is not operated or endorsed by the Football Federation Australia or FIFA.
To find out more about AusRef Click the link below: