FKFC has registered with the Office of the Children’s Guardian as a Sporting Club that involves volunteers working with children. It is our duty to ensure that volunteers undergo a Working With Children Check. This involves a national criminal history check and review of findings of workplace misconduct.
The Check is fully portable which means it can be used for any paid or unpaid child-related work in NSW for as long as the worker remains cleared. The Check is not the only resource available to organisations to keep children safe. Find out more about creating child-safe organisations.
Coaches and Team Managers who do not have one of your own children in the team are required to complete the new Working with Children check outlined below. There is no cost involved for volunteers.
- Apply online at http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check
- Make a note of your Application Number as you will need it to complete your application;
- Attend a NSW Motor Registry where you will need to provide your application number and your proof of identity document;
- If you are cleared, you will receive an email from the Office of the Children’s Guardian with your WWC number. Clearances may take up to four weeks; and then
- Send your WWC number to the Registrar at email@example.com for online verification.